- 5 whole anchovies (2oz dried wt.) = about 4-6oz fresh wt.
- 10 whole anchovies (3-4oz dried wt.) = about 8-10oz fresh wt.
- 20 whole anchovies (4-8oz dried wt.) = about 16-18oz fresh wt.
Anchovies are high in EPA and DHA with a moderate level of vitamin D, essential for canine health. Essential fatty acids, specifically DHA, have been scientifically proven to be necessary for cognitive development and function.
📸: @moose_the_fmd, @ellie.mini, @belleandbeast__
- Feed as is for a high reward treat
- Add it to a meal as a supplement
- Feed in moderation
Anchovies are considered to be a "warming" protein. Dogs that run cold are always seeking warmth. Warming proteins can help dogs that suffer from stiff joints and arthritis especially in the winter months.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, food is energy and the primary concept is to have balance. The food theory is divided into cooling proteins (Yin), warming proteins (Yang) and neutral proteins.
- Store in a cool, dry area for 30 days (unopened) or freeze for up to 6 months.
- Made from human-grade meat
- Sourced and made in California
- USDA certified
- Hormone and antibiotic-free
- No preservatives
- No additives