- 1.5oz dried wt. = about 8oz fresh wt.
- 4.5oz dried wt. = about 24oz fresh wt.
Kidneys are concentrated with selenium and provide a wide variety of B vitamins. Beef kidney, in particular, is a great source of vitamin D.
- Feed as is for a high reward treat
- Add it to a meal as part of their 5% secreting organ intake
- Soak in warm water for 2-10 minutes for a softer texture
- Feed in moderation
Beef is considered to be a "neutral" protein. Neutral proteins are great for any dog or cat and can help with any yin or yang deficiencies.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, food is energy and the primary concept is to have balance. The food theory is divided into cooling proteins (Yin), warming proteins (Yang) and neutral proteins.
- Store in a cool, dry area for 30 days (unopened) or freeze for up to 6 months.
- Made from human-grade meat
- Sourced and made in California
- USDA certified
- Hormone and antibiotic-free
- No preservatives
- No additives