- 3oz dried wt. = about 8oz fresh wt.
- These salmon skin twists are pretty oily, please refrigerate/freeze upon receiving them! We vacuum-sealed* them for extra freshness and so the oil does not deep through the bag!
Salmon is high in omega 3 fatty acids, EPA and DHA. Essential fatty acids, specifically DHA, have been scientifically proven to be necessary for cognitive development and function. Also beneficial for eye health, fights inflammation, reduces risks of cancer and can help improve your pet's skin/coat health!
*Please note that even if the vacuum sealed bag is no longer airtight, it should be fine because the bag its in is also air tight. We just recommend storing them in the freezer for maximum freshness. We did a test without the vacuum-sealed bags and some of the oilier pieces would cause the bag to get saturated with oil. The vacuum sealed bag is mainly to avoid that!
- Feed as is for a high reward treat
- Add it to a meal as a supplement
- Feed in moderation
Salmon considered to be a "cooling" protein. Dogs that run hot are prone to allergies and inflammatory issues. Cooling proteins are beneficial in balancing energy.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, food is energy and the primary concept is to have balance. The food theory is divided into cooling proteins (Yin), warming proteins (Yang) and neutral proteins.
- Freeze upon receiving for maximum freshness!
- Made from human-grade meat
- Sourced in Canada
- Sustainably raised
- USDA certified
- Hormone and antibiotic-free
- No preservatives
- No additives