- 15-18 mussels (2oz dried wt.) = about 8oz fresh wt.
- 30-36 mussels (4oz dried wt.) = about 16oz fresh wt.
- 60-72 mussels (8oz dried wt.) = about 32oz fresh wt.
Mussels vary in sizes, mussel count is very rough.
Green Lipped Mussels (NZ) are high in omega 3s (EPA/DHA), chondroitin and glucosamine which support joint, eye and cognitive health. An amazing item to add to your pup's bowls if they are prone to arthritis, hip displaysia or any other joint issues. It is anti-inflammatory and a great source of vitamins and minerals such as, zinc, copper, vitamin c, manganese, iodine, etc.
📸: @ellie.mini, @misothemeatball, @beethoventherescue, @its.mochi.bichon
- Feed as is for a high reward treat
- Add it to a meal as a supplement
- Feed in moderation
Green Lipped Mussels are considered to be a "cooling" protein. Dogs that run hot are prone to allergies and inflammatory issues. Cooling proteins are beneficial in balancing energy.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, food is energy and the primary concept is to have balance. The food theory is divided into cooling proteins (Yin), warming proteins (Yang) and neutral proteins.
- Refrigerate or freeze for maximum freshness.
- Made from human-grade meat
- Sourced in New Zealand
- Made in California
- USDA certified
- Hormone and antibiotic-free
- No preservatives
- No additives