- 2oz dried wt. (2-3 sardines chopped into 1inch chunks) = 8oz fresh wt
3oz dried wt. (3-4 whole sardines) = about 10-13oz fresh wt.
- 6oz dried wt. (7-8 whole sardines) = 14-18oz fresh wt.
- (this batch of sardines are bigger than usual)
Sardines are high in EPA and DHA with a moderate level of vitamin D, essential for canine health. Essential fatty acids, specifically DHA, have been scientifically proven to be necessary for cognitive development and function.
📸: @enzo_thesiberianhusky, @corgi.ava
- Feed as is for a high reward treat
- Add it to a meal as a supplement
- Feed in moderation
Sardines are considered to be a "cooling" protein. Dogs that run hot are prone to allergies and inflammatory issues. Cooling proteins are beneficial in balancing energy.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, food is energy and the primary concept is to have balance. The food theory is divided into cooling proteins (Yin), warming proteins (Yang) and neutral proteins.
- Store in a cool, dry area for 30 days (unopened) or freeze for up to 6 months.
- Made from human-grade meat
- Sourced and made in California
- USDA certified
- Hormone and antibiotic-free
- No preservatives
- No additives